Saturday 25 October 2008

AFS Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8

I rented a Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 over a weekend so that I could compare its performance with my Nikkor 50mm f/1.8. The results can be found here.



www.flickr.com








dibyendumajumdar's Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 AFS versus 50mm f/1.8 photosetdibyendumajumdar's Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 AFS versus 50mm f/1.8 photoset







I wanted to find out whether the 60mm could be used as a replacement for a standard 50mm lens for general photography. The answer seems to be a 'yes', if you are happy to give up 2 stops of speed. My tests are not scientific, but they seem to indicate that the micro nikkor has the edge over the 50mm lens at comparable aperture stops. What do you think?

I also hope to try out the Sigma 70mm f/2.8, which according to some review sites, is the sharpest lens in the Sigma line-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment